Friday, October 13, 2017 at 2:42 AM with
I TOTALLY DO NOT REGRET GOING AT ALL.
It was one of the best experience I ever had and everything went fine and pretty smooth for me (lucky!). 

So on the 23rd June 2017, I went to the airport with my dad and my brother. My mum is meeting me directly at Incheon Airport from Hong Kong (she came from her work trip). School officially starts from the 27th till 21st July 2017 but we were there early to settle down and yeah spend some mother-and-daughter time I guess? We hardly see each other let alone spending time with each other. 

Before entering the departure hall (and while waiting for the boyfie to rush down), I asked my dad if he would miss me a lot (hehe). He just said 'No' without thinking twice 😑 seriously. And then later I said that I am kind of scared now, being away from home alone for a month (different from staying in hall okay, and my mum is only there till the day before school starts). Then, my dad say - "都跟你讲了,叫你不要去了。" LOL. I think my dad is a bit of a ... tsundere 😈 wtf hehe. Then after they left, I waited for my boyfie. I really appreciate that he rushed down from home just to pass me a handwritten card and to see my off but uhm fml I left the card on the plane .... only realized it when I reached Incheon fak 😫😫😫. I really felt bad towards him, especially I kinda was frustrated at him for like coming to the airport but like I waited till almost its the latest time I should/can enter the departure gate. But oh well, in the end the flight got slight delay and there was a gate change too urgh, what a way to "start". Despite that, thank you and ps for being pekcek because very kiasi, don't want to miss my flight LOL. 

So I had a rather pleasant flight and once I touched down, met up with mum, we went to get our SIM cards. I bought it from kkday (link) and my SIM card is only unlimited data which is more than enough for me. While Seoul pretty much have wifi everywhere, I didn't see then need to get a Korean phone number for that 1 month. I just need data and I can WhatsApp/video call everyone. It cost wayyyyyy cheaper than getting an wifi egg and, I can on hotspot for my friends to tap on my data heh. We then got our Korea Tour Pass or something and then took the airport limousine bus to my accommodation.

So throughout the entire time I was there, I stayed at Duri Guest House. Didn't stayed in the dormitory since I was told that they were left with the triple room and that place offered a relatively good price and its only like a 10mins walk away from Korea University (KU).

For the first day we basically just scout around the area outside KU and yeah checked the school out. Was pretty chillax for the first day. To be honest I find it a bit hard to adjust at the accommodation at the start since its really quite small for 2 people and 2 huge luggage. But yeah made do with it and once my mum left, I got transferred to their single room which was much better.

Well that's enough word for this post. Shall write another post together with the photos/videos another time.

Annyeong ~

Labels: , , , ,



Profile


Xi Tong, 20歳.
Singapore // Gemini

"Embrace the glorious mess you are." - Elizabeth Gilbert
Find me here
facebook
tumblr
twitter
nuffnang
credits area
© 2014 - Codes, design and colors by pinktape. Icons by birdhaus. Bullets and mini-icons by 7THD and kawaii-box.